Maid to Mop has providing maid service to Upper Arlington and other central Ohio locations since 1993. We’re owned and operated in Columbus, and an Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.

An Upper Arlington Customer Says…

Money is tight but this is one service I can’t afford to lose.

— Marylin Matiola, Upper Arlington, Ohio

About Upper Arlington

Upper Arlington, 2010 population 31,244, area 9.8 sq mi, is a city in Franklin County, Ohio. The Scioto River borders on the west, with Columbus on the north and east, and Marble Cliff and Grandview Heights on the south. Upper Arlington is comprised of ZIP codes 43212, 43220, and 43221, and uses area code 614.

Upper Arlington News


Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: StartTag: invalid element name in Entity, line: 3 in /home/content/79/4988979/html/includes/rss_php.php on line 78

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: Extra content at the end of the document in Entity, line: 3 in /home/content/79/4988979/html/includes/rss_php.php on line 78

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/79/4988979/html/includes/rss_php.php on line 87

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/content/79/4988979/html/upper-arlington-maid-service.php on line 66

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/79/4988979/html/upper-arlington-maid-service.php on line 66

Upper Arlington Origins

Upper Arlington was founded by brothers King and Ben Thompson, who in 1913 purchased the 840 acres of farmland that was to become Upper Arlington.

Originally intended as a residential community to be named the “Country Club District,” the area became known as Upper Arlington after Arlington, its neighbor to the south presently called Marble Cliff.

A Garden City-style plan provided by prominent landscape architect William Pitkin Jr., laid out tree-lined streets following the contours of the land. Development was paused briefly in 1916 when the National Guard used the area as a training camp, but soon resumed.

In 1918, Upper Arlington was incorporated as a village, population 200. The Mallway business district, built in the 1920s, added office and retail space along Arlington Avenue.

The village became a city in 1941 and grew in population as it annexed surrounding land, mostly through the late 1940s to 1960.